One of my favorite Artist is the ” Easy Breezy Beautiful Bad Bitch” (in my Kid Fury Voice) Kelis! I’ve loved Kelis since day one! Her style has always been bananas! She was one of my Style icons/ inspirations growing up and she continues to be and although the mainstream may not get her now…or ever for that matter I do! Here are a few reasons why…. Continue reading
I love this shoot from Ammo Magazine! Elle Varner is super hot, has great style and is totally embodying Old Hollywood Glam!
Not only is Kelis one of my favorite Artist and Fashion Icons butone of my favorite women to see get all pretty and done up! Kelis usually doesn’t disappoint when it comes to Fashion and I can say she NEVER disappoints when it comes to Beauty! Her face is usally BEAT for the GODS! honey!
Here are a few of my favorites of her:
Stylist don’t get the credit they deserve as the keepers of Style. They are in a way the Historians of Fashion, they are Master Visionaries and Magicians in some cases. I LOVE Fashion and there are a few Stylist I love! Their work, personal Styles and in some cases their Presence havetruly effected me! Here are the Style Keepers of style that have effected me:
She’s the first Stylist I ever worked with, she’s the sweetest woman I’ve ever meet! I was her Intern at MTV2, she took me under her wing and showed me what the business was like; taking me on appointments with her and lunch dates with all her Stylist friends and even out on one-on-one breakfast talks. It was my first looking into the world of Fashion and I learned so much from her, she works hard and has a huge heart! She’s always been kind to me and showed me respect first as an Intern and later as a Colleague. She has the most posh ladylike style ever, her dress collection is outstanding! Knowing her has been a great pleasure.
Magician Mariel! She’s an AMAZING person! She embodies style if she’s in a dress or in cut-off shorts and a tee. She was the first person to give me a shot in the Fashion World (and to pay me!). I met her at MTV and stalked her until she gave a job; I learned so much about the Fashion Industry from her; but more importantly I learned things about life from her! I love her style is what I would call “feminine bravado” with just enough edge and glamour! Her jewelry and furniture collections are outstanding! She’s one of my biggest inspirations, she’s a ROCKSTAR! I’m beyond happy for all her success, no one deserves it more!
Today I’m going to blog about my hair! Not that I do much to my hair but they few things I do seem to keep it going pretty strong. It’s been almost two years since I had my last big chop and honestly I’ve been loving my hair more than every this time around. As I stated earlier I don’t do much to it, the technique of neglect serves me pretty well but here’s my hair regimen.
1. My Holy Grail: This Nature’s Gate conditioner is honestly one of the best things that’s every happened to me! I love it, I use it on an almost daily basis depending on how I feel. But for the most part I wet or co-wash my hair everyday.
2. Leaves My Hair Soft: I use the Organix, Macadamia Oil Conditioner along with my Nature’s Gate whenever I co-wash.
3. My Daily Moisturizer: Grape seed oil is my go to oil, it moisturizes my hair and it’s light so it doesn’t weight it down.
4. For Shine and Fragrance: Carol’s Daughter Tui Oil, I’ve been using this over the years even when I had a relaxer. It smells amazing and adds a touch of shine.
5. Weekly oil treatment: Every week I put coconut oil in my hair. I usually don’t wash it out, and sometimes use it as a hot oil treatment.
Sorry I don’t have any good pics of my hair!